Here’s a great way to add variety and color to your next meal! It is super fast and easy too! Grab your rice cooker, dig out some frozen peas and find your bag of rice! You’re practically finished! 😉
List of Ingredients*
- 1 Cup Medium grain rice. Use rice cooker measuring cup.
- Water, filtered if possible
- 2 Tsp Sake, any brand, inexpensive)
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher salt. Diamond Crystal preferred. Morton’s is just not the same…use less.
- ½ Cup Green peas, fresh or frozen
*Scale this up using the same ratios! For example:
- 2 Cups Medium grain rice
- 4 Tsp Sake
- 1 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Cup Green peas
List of Tools
- Rice cooker along with cooking pot and the provided measuring cup. Please note a rice cooker measuring cup is different from a standard measuring cup. (1 Cup rice cooker cup = ~ ¾ Cup standard measuring cup)
- Rice rinser or small bowl. Avoid using the rice cooking pot to rinse the rice as it will ruin the non-stick surface
- ½ cup measuring cup
- Colander and bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring glass (optional)
- Rice paddle and resting plate
- Small bowl for molding rice (optional)
- Serving plate (or bowl)
Prepare the green peas
Rinse the fresh or frozen greens peas under cool water and drain. Lightly sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside.
Prepare the rice
Measure the dry rice using the provided measuring cup for the rice cooker. Rinse the rice with cool water in a bowl or rice rinser until the water runs clear. Drain the water completely and add the rice to the rice cooker pot. Add the appropriate amount of water according to the instructions for your rice cooker and for the amount of rice being used. Be sure to move the pot back and forth so the rice is even and the water level can be measured accurately.
Add the remaining ingredients
Add the sake, kosher salt and green peas to the cooking pot. Stir the ingredients using a non-stick safe spoon then move the pot back and forth to even out the ingredients. Now place the pot inside the rice cooker.
Cook the rice
Set to “standard/normal” or “white” rice and start the rice cooker.
After the rice is finished cooking, fluff the rice with a rice paddle to help release steam and to help with texture.
Serve with your favorite dish! Enjoy!
It is fun to mold the rice using a small bowl. Lightly pack rice into a bowl completely filling to the top. Now place a plate over the bowl. Flip the bowl and plate over to release the rice from the bowl onto the plate. That’s it! Tasty and beautiful! 🙂
Don’t forget to submit a photo of your creations! You can upload your photos using my Contact form!